Who are we?
LGBT+ staff and allies from both campuses meeting regularly to address set objectives, serve as an advisory group to the Equality and Diversity Delivery group and simply meet others (staff from the university or external stakeholders). The Network is open to all employees and inclusive of LGBT people with multiple identities.
The aim of the Network is to work in partnership with the University in cultivating and maintaining a welcoming, supportive and inclusive environment for staff and students, regardless of their sexual orientation and gender identity, ensuring dignity and respect at work and in study.
- To provide a forum for networking and a means of peer support between LGBT+ staff
- To support the University with LGBT+ inclusive policy-making and
- Offer a range of training and development opportunities
- To work collaboratively with other staff and student groups/networks
- To raise visbility of LGBT+ community and issues at Cardiff Metropolitan University
If you would like an informal chat about joining the Network or would like to be put in touch with an existing member to discuss, please contact the LGBT+ Staff Network firstname.lastname@example.org
LGBT+ Student Society
The Cardiff Metropolitan LGBT+ society is a social and support society that exists to provide a safe and supportive environment for LGBT+ students and their friends to meet, campaign on behalf of the LGBT+ student community, and promote awareness of LGBT+ issues.
More information about the Student LGBT+ Society can be found on the University's Student Union website.