Cardiff Met is excited to be working with Study in Wales on a Global Wales, British Council India Scholarship.
Study in Wales is delighted to confirm a new joint scholarship programme with British Council India, for students from Telangana wishing to study at a university in Wales in 2021/22.
The Global Wales British Council India Scholarship offers a number of scholarships– each worth £5000 – to study a one-year postgraduate course in Wales. It is open for applicants from the state Telangana, India.
Scholarships will be given in the form of a tuition fee discount and are non-transferable. No cash alternative will be offered. The scholarships are available to students from Telangana – see full eligibility criteria.
If you have already received an offer to study a postgraduate programme at Cardiff Met, and you fit the eligibility criteria you can now apply via your university.
Am I eligible?
• Be an Indian citizen
• Have been born AND/OR have studied in the State of Telangana
• Have a 2:2 awarded undergraduate degree
• Be classed as an overseas citizen for fee paying purposes
• Be able to take up a full-time course of study at a Welsh HEI for the academic year from September/October 2021 or January 2022 intake
• Meet the English language requirement of the Welsh Education Institution / OR have a IELTS score of Band 6
• Have received an offer to study at an eligible postgraduate course at Cardiff Met and
• Demonstrate a proven track record of academic achievement, and leadership quality
• Meet academic criteria set by the institutions for admission
• Be willing to work with Universities UK and the partner institutions, as an ambassador to promote the Global Wales programme.
• Due to strict UK Visas and Immigration regulations, scholars must be able to have sufficient funds to cover the remainder of tuition fees, as well as adequate living expenses
Universities Wales and British Council reserve the right to update or amend scholarship awards without notice, based on the availability and quality of applications that are received.
How to apply?
Complete the Global Wales Scholarship Application form and return it to email@example.com no later than 19th November 2021. Students will be notified of the decision no later than 26th November 2021. Successful students will need to accept the scholarship and have paid their advanced fee payment by Friday 10th December 2021.
GLOBAL WALES SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.docx