Position:||Programme Director for Youth & Community Work|
School:|| Cardiff School of Education and Social Policy|
E- mail:|| email@example.com |
Telephone:||029 2041 7247 |
- Higher Education Academy Fellow
- Cardiff Metropolitan University Professional Advisory Group for Youth & Community Work – member
- Professional Association of Lecturers in Youth & Community Work (TAG Cymru) - committee member / rotating chairperson
- Professional Association of Lecturers in Youth & Community Work (TAG UK) – Wales Representative
- Education and Training Standards Wales for Youth Work - committee member representing TAG Cymru
- Interim Youth Work Board for Wales - Workforce Development subgroup member
The divergences between practice, management and values in youth and community work.
Gill is professionally qualified and has over twenty years of experience as a youth and community work practitioner. Gill has worked in both the statutory and voluntary sectors and has been teaching on professional training courses since 1992.
On the Cardiff Metropolitan University BA (Hons) Youth & Community Work qualifying route, Gill was Fieldwork Co-ordinator from 2008-2014 and then Programme Director from 2014-19.
In 2015 Gill was awarded the Student-Led Teaching Fellowship, Excellence in Teaching Award in the School of Education and Social Policy.
Currently, Gill teaches across levels 4-7 of the undergraduate and masters professional programmes.