My role at the ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre
My role as ZERO2FIVEFood Industry Centre Technologist involves supporting Welsh food and drink manufacturers by providing the following:
• Completing documented internal audits against the requirements of various food safety Standards.
• Providing mentoring and dissemination of best practice guidance to clients.
• Supporting clients with the development, implementation, monitoring and review of their Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) plans.
• Completing chemical analysis of food and drink products.
• Completing calculated nutritional analysis of food and drink products.
• Providing best practice guidance relating to shelf-life determination.
• Reviewing product labels to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
• Developing and organising mentoring sessions.
• Assisting companies with audit preparation and completion of corrective actions, as required.
• Completing temperature validation and thermal profile exercises using ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre equipment.
• Participation in sensory evaluation activities within the centre by leading consumer and select panels along with Quality Attribute Sheet (QAS) development.
I have also contributed to the following research activity undertaken within the centre:
• Understanding Barriers to Accreditation in the Food & Drink Sector in Wales
• Overcoming the Barriers to Accreditation in the Food & Drink Manufacturing Sector in Wales: A Pilot Study
• Food for the Future
I have represented the ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre at events and conferences including UKAFP, EUAFP, Food for the Future, Food Matters Live, Speciality Fine Food Fair, Taste Wales and BRCGS Leaders of Tomorrow.