International>Global Student Advisory Service>International Welfare Advice

Global Student Advisory Service

The Global Student Advisory Service is comprised by a team of friendly and experienced staff who are here to help and support international students throughout their studies at Cardiff Met.

At the start of each intake, the team provides new students with a comprehensive induction programme. The induction programme is specifically designed to provide new students with all the important information that they need when they first arrive in the UK. Following induction, the team will be available to provide students with ongoing support as they settle down in their new life in Cardiff. We can help with a wide range of issues such as opening a bank account, registering with a GP, accommodation issues and much more.

In addition to support at the start of the student journey, the Global Student Advisory Service provides ongoing welfare related support and advice to students throughout the duration of their studies. We offer support and advice on matters such as immigration, general welfare support and guidance. We also support students who are experiencing more complex personal problems.

The Global Student Advisory Service also offer an exciting social programme throughout the academic year. We organise several student trips to different parts of the UK throughout the year. We also organise a variety of on-campus activities such as Global Week.

Contact Us

We are available for drop in queries at the Global Lounge at the Llandaff Campus.

Global Lounge opening hours: 9am – 4pm (Monday – Friday).


Tel: 029 2041 6494  (9.00am – 5.00pm (Monday – Thursday) 9.00am – 4.30pm (Friday))

Follow Us on Social Media

Instagram: @CMetGlobal

Facebook: Global Student Advisory Service – Cardiff Metropolitan University

Twitter: @CMetGlobal