Erasmus+>Erasmus+ International>Mobility Guidance and Information

Mobility Guidance and Information


Incoming Students


Insurance abroad

When you go abroad you have to arrange a few important aspects, like insurance. Please read this text carefully to understand what you need to arrange before your mobility takes place.

Already have insurance?

Please note that regular travel insurance doesn't provide coverage for study trips in most cases. Also they usually only provide coverage for a limited period abroad. You should check with your current provider what they can cover before your mobility starts.

A national health insurance doesn't always provide complete coverage for your medical costs when you're abroad.

What insurance should I purchase?

Most important coverages you need when you go abroad are medical costs, liability (if you damage someone else's property) and repatriation (if you need to come home after an accident). You can also purchase insurance cover for your luggage or other personal items.

Do I have to arrange all of this myself?

You can search for a company that provide these insurances. However we found a partner that provides a complete student package that includes all of these coverages and more. You can calculate your premium and apply online for the insurance at

Contact Details:

If you have questions about insurances you can contact our partner Studentsinsured. You can reach them at:


T: +3170 302 85 98

Download Students Insured Flyer.

Outgoing Students

Recognising Prior Learning (RPL):

Students who have undertaken a study exchange may count towards your programme of study. Further information regarding this can be found on the below link

Incoming Staff


Once mobility dates have been confirmed with the relevant department, the International and Partnerships Office will issue you with a visa support letter which is required as part of the visa application. 

Staff will need to apply for a standard visitor visa. Guidance on how to apply and the relevant costs can be found on the UKVI website - 

Guidance on the the list of documents which staff are required to submit as part of their visa application can be found here

If you are unsure as to what documents are required please contact your local Erasmus+ contact at your home university.