As part of Project HELIX, ZERO2FIVE are offering food and drink manufacturing and processing businesses an opportunity to apply for a Knowledge Transfer Programme.
A Knowledge Transfer Programme is a partnership between a business and ZERO2FIVE. As part of the programme, an affiliate is based within a host company and they are fully supported by the team at ZERO2FIVE to deliver an agreed programme of work.
ZERO2FIVE will consider applications for both full and part time programmes. Knowledge Transfer Programmes typically run for a 1-year period. After this time, companies can reapply.
Benefits of the programme
There are several benefits to the host company:
- a motivated, graduate level (or the equivalent) affiliate based within the business providing a variety of support
- support of the experienced staff at ZERO2FIVE who mentor the affiliate
- access and use of ZERO2FIVE’s facilities, including development kitchens and the consumer sensory suite
- access and use of ZERO2FIVE’s equipment and library
There are two different affiliate roles available for food and drink manufacturing and processing businesses to apply for:
- Technical Affiliate
- Sales and Marketing Affiliate
See below for more information about the two roles available.
Technical Affiliate roles
The technical affiliate role is ideal to support an existing technical team, or for smaller businesses, to lead in food safety. The affiliate programme will be structured around the business needs, therefore the scope of the programme will vary from company to company. As an example, Technical Knowledge Transfer Programmes may focus on supporting host sites in the following areas:
- Implementation or maintenance of an certification scheme such as BRCGS Global Standard Food Safety, SALSA or other food safety schemes
- Product design and development (NPD)
- Support the development of a positive food safety and quality culture
- Support the development, validation, and verification of the site’s Food Safety Plan (HACCP)
- Design and development of a robust food safety and quality management system
- Improve site standards and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Management of allergens
- Process control
- Support with layout, product flow and segregation
- Training and refresher training for personnel
Sales and Marketing Affiliate roles
The sales and marketing affiliate role aims to support businesses with key commercial and marketing activities. The affiliate programme will be structured according to business needs and the scope of the programme will vary from company to company. As an example, Sales and Marketing Knowledge Transfer Programmes may focus on supporting host sites in the following areas:
- Market research and analysis, customer segmentation, targeting and brand planning
- Identifying commercial and marketing opportunities for the business and/or brand
- Support with ongoing marketing and commercial activities within the business
- Developing best practice marketing principles within the business
- Supporting retailer and customer engagement strategies
- Campaign planning and evaluation
- Training and mentoring to support development of marketing knowledge within the business
Find out more about what affiliates can expect from the HELIX Knowledge Transfer Programme,
How to apply
Please read the following
Guidance Notes carefully as they explain how the application process for the Knowledge Transfer Programme will be operated and how to apply.
Companies must complete the application form contained within the
This project has received funding from the Welsh Government.
For more information:
Telephone: 02920 41 6306