Student Voice and Engagement Lead
Room number: M0.01
Extension Number: 5745
Contact me if you want more information about:
- The Student Engagement Programme of work
- Projects and activities that are designed to enhance student experience and engagement across Cardiff Metropolitan
- The promotion, collection, co-ordination, monitoring and review of student experience information (such as that from surveys such NSS, PTES, UKES)
- Guidance and support in best practice related to student experience, student engagement and student retention
- How we are working collaboratively with the Students’ Union for student experience and engagement projects/initiatives.
About me:I joined the Quality Enhancement Directorate in July 2019 as the Student Voice and Engagement Lead. My career to date has had a focus on Student Voice and Engagement, which started when I was elected as Vice President Education at Aberystwyth University Students’ Union in 2010.
My year as an elected officer gave me the unique opportunity to be involved in a range of meetings and projects within the sector, particularly as this was the year that significant changes were made to the way HEIs were funded. It’s safe to say, I got the ‘bug’ for Higher Education and I have worked in several Higher Education Institutions since, as well as with the Quality Assurance Agency.
I am always eager to learn from the sector and have enjoyed presenting at conferences or webinars over the years. These include those for Advance HE, the QAA, RAISE and the National Union of Students’.
When not at work, you will find me volunteering in the Army Cadet Force as the Training Officer for the Cardiff and Vale. If you ask me what I’m doing for the weekend, you will usually get an unusual response!