As one of the flagship research clusters at the Cardiff School of Technologies,
EUREKA Robotics Centre is the innovative research hub nested in the School of Technologies, Cardiff Metropolitan University, serving Wales and global stakeholders.
EUREKA stands for Ethical-UbiquitousRobotics driving Economy and Knowledge Accelerator with the meaning of
“exclamation of satisfaction on discovering something, solving a problem, finding a solution with fun and engaging experience”.
Partnering with international collaborators from companies and universities, the current research strands in the Centre are specialising in Service and Social Humanoid Robotics:
- RobotiCare Lab for healthcare, hospitality and tourism
- Intelligent Robot (IR) Maker Lab for 3D design and printing robots
- STEAM Lab for STEM with aesthetics and arts
Autonomous Robotics Lab: fundamental machine learning and applied AI for mobile robots and ROV/AUV.
Grounding on the machine learning techniques and data visualisation & analytics capabilities, the Centre aims to educate and R&D the service and social humanoid robotics, from the world-class research inquiry and education innovation.
Publications, Public Engagement, Press and Media
Journal Articles, Conference Proceedings, Policy Impact Publications and Invited Speeches
- Chew, E., Lee, P. H. & Khan, U. S. (2021) Robot Activist for Interactive Child Rights Education, International Journal of Social Robotics, The International Journal for Social Robotics, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12369-021-00751-3 (Impact Factor 3.168; WoS & Scopus-indexed, within the top 20 of the Top Publications Google Scholar citations)
- Yang, J. & Chew, E. (2020) A Systematic Review for Service Humanoid Robotics Model in Hospitality, Springer International Journal for Social Robotics. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12369-020-00724-y (Impact Factor 3.168; indexed by JCSR & Scopus, within the top 20 of Google Robotics publication).
- Yang, J. & Chew, E. (in press) The Novel Design Model for Robotic Waitress, The International Journal for Social Robotics https://doi.org/10.1007/s12369-021-00745-1.
- Chew E., Lee PL., Hu S. & Yang J. (accepted) Investigating the First Robotic Nurses: Humanoid Robot Nightingale and Partners for COVID-19 Preventive Design, the Seventh edition of the International Workshop on New Trends in Medical and Service Robots Conference, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland, 7-9 June 2021. https://www.mesrob2021.org (Springer-indexed)
- Saini, J. & Chew, E. (in press) A Systematic Review for 3D-Printing in Modern Social Robotics, iM3F 2020: Innovative Manufacturing, Mechatronics & Materials Forum 2020. Springer Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (LNEE) (Springer, EI and Scopus-indexed).
- Minor K., McLoughlin E., Richards V. (2021) Enhancing the Visitor Experience in the Time of COVID 19: The Use of AI Robotics in Pembrokeshire Coastal Pathway. In: Wörndl W., Koo C., Stienmetz J.L. (eds) Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2021. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-65785-7_55, pp 570-577
Sabra A, Fung W-K. A Fuzzy Cooperative Localisation Framework for Underwater Robotic Swarms. Sensors. 2020; 20(19):5496. https://doi.org/10.3390/s20195496 (Impact Factor 3.275; WoS & Scopus-indexed).
Adegboye MA, Fung W-K, Karnik A. Recent Advances in Pipeline Monitoring and Oil Leakage Detection Technologies: Principles and Approaches. Sensors. 2019; 19(11):2548. https://doi.org/10.3390/s19112548 (Impact factor 3.275; WoS & Scopus-indexed) [74 citations Google Scholar accessed on 27/04/2021]
- Zhang, W., Thomas H. G. Ezard, Alex Searle-Barnes, Anieke Brombacher Orestis L.Katsamenis and Mark Nixon (In press) "Towards Understanding Speciation By Automated Extraction And Description Of 3D Foraminifera Stacks." In 2020 IEEE Southwest Symposium on Image Analysis and Interpretation (SSIAI), pp. IEEE, 2020.
- Pinney J., Carroll, F. & Newbury, P. (in press) Robots and Uncertainty: An investigation into the impact of the aesthetic visualisation on people’s trust of robots. The 8th International Conference on RiTA Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications, Springer Lecture Notes of Mechanical Engineering.
- Yang, J. Chew, E. & Liu, P. (in press) Service Humanoid Robotics: Review and Design of A Novel Bionic-Companionship Framework, The 8th International Conference on RiTA Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications, Springer Lecture Notes of Mechanical Engineering.
- Hu, S.Y. & Chew, E. (in press) Design and Experimental Research Based on NAO Robot in Museum, International Conference on Technological Ecosystems for Enhancing Multiculturality (TEEM 2020). https://2020.teemconference.eu/special-issues/ https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3434780.3436541
- Hawkins, G.O. & Chew, E. (in press) TOM: The Robotic Drum Teaching Assistant Innovating Music Teaching, IM3f 2020. Springer Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (LNEE) (Springer, EI and Scopus-indexed).
- Yang J.J. & Chew, E. (2020) Intelligent Service Robots to enter the Hospitality Industry: Job Termination or Gospel to Waiters, 3rd UK RAS Conference 2020: 'Robots into the Real World', University of Lincoln, 17th April 2020.
- Chew, E. and Chua, X.N. (2020), Robotic Chinese language tutor: personalising progress assessment and feedback or taking over your job? On the Horizon, ISSN: 1074-8121. (Scopus, ECSI Australian Education-Indexed).
- Mishra, D, Chew, E, Ostrovska, S, Wong, J. (2020)
Personal response systems through the prism of students' experiences. Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 1– 15. (ISI & & Scopus indexed)
- Chew, E. & Turner, D. (2019) Can a Robot bring your life back? Robotics for Rehab. Springer Nature Book Chapter 1: Robotics in Healthcare: Field Examples and Challenges, Sequeira, J. (Ed) Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 1170. Springer Nature, pp.1-35. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24230-5_1
- J. Zhang, Z. Jin, Y. Zhao, Y. Tang, F. Liu and P. Liu, " Design and Implementation of Novel Fractional-Order Controllers for Stabilized Platforms," IEEE Access (Impact Factor: 4.098), 2020.
- M. N. Huda, P. Liu, C. Saha and H. Yu, “Modelling and motion analysis of a pill-sized hybrid capsule robot,” Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems (Impact Factor: 2.02), 2020.
- Q. Li, A. Zhang, P. Liu, J. Li and C. Li, "A Novel CSI Feedback Approach for Massive MIMO using LSTM-Attention CNN," IEEE Access (Impact Factor: 4.098), 2020.
- Esyin Chew (2019) Artificial Intelligence: Robotics, the curriculum and inclusion, Invited
Festival of Higher Education Speaker, the University of Buckingham. http://www.hefestival.com/speakers-2019
- Cao, XY, Guo SH, Lin, JC, Zhang, W.S and Lia, MHo. "Online Tracking of Ants Based on Deep Association Metrics: Method, Dataset and Evaluation." Pattern Recognition (2020): 107233.
- Lewis, R., Anderson, T. and Carroll, F. (2020). Can School Enrolment and Performance be Improved by Maximizing Students’ Sense of Choice in Elective Subjects? Journal of Learning Analytics, vol. 7(1), pp. 75–87, doi: 10.18608/jla.2020.71.6
- Edmond, E. C., Prakash, E., and Carroll, F. (2020).RoboDoc: Critical Ethical Issues to Consider for the Design and Development of a Robotic Doctor Experience. Journal of Future Robot Life, 1 Jan. 2020: 1 – 5. DOI: 10.3233/FRL-200002
- Liu, P., Huda, M.N., Tang, Z. and Sun, L. (2019). A self-propelled robotic system with a visco-elastic joint: dynamics and motion analysis. Springer Engineering with Computers, pp.1-15.
- Ding, S. L. and Chew, E. (2019) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet: A study via metaphoric perceptions on how online feedback benefited Chinese learners, Journal of Educational Technology Research and Development, 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11423-019-09651-w [SSCI,Scopus-indexed; Impact factor: 2.672]
- P. Liu, H. Yu and S. Cang, “Adaptive neural network tracking control for underactuated mechanical systems with matched and unmatched disturbances,” Nonlinear Dynamics (Impact Factor: 4.604), 2019, vol. 98, no. 2, pp. 1447-1464.
- P. Liu, M. N. Huda, Z. Tang and L. Sun, “A self-propelled robotic system with a viscoelastic joint: dynamics and motion analysis,” Engineering with Computers (Impact Factor: 3.551), 2019, pp. 1-15. DOI: 10.1007/s00366-019-00722-3.
- Carroll, F. (2019). Technology for humans: Prioritising human well-being in our science . In SCIENTISTS ARE HUMANS Magazine.
- A. Zhang and P. Liu, “Reweighted lp Constraint LMS-Based Adaptive Sparse Channel Estimation for Cooperative Communication System,” IET Communications (Impact Factor: 1.779), 2019.
- Z. Tang, H. Yu, C. Lu and P. Liu, “Single-trial classification of different movements on one hand based on ERD/ERS and corticomuscular coherence,” IEEE Access (Impact Factor: 4.098), 2019.
- A. Shyam, P. Lightbody, G. Das, P. Liu, S. Gomez-Gonzalez and G. Neumann, “Improving local trajectory optimisation using probabilistic movement primitives,” the 2019 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2019), 2019.
- M. N. Huda, P. Liu, C. Saha, N. Naz, S. M. Aziz, “Design of a Novel Hybrid Robot for In- Vivo Applications,” the Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics 2019, 2019
- A. Cachia, M. N. Huda, P. Liu, C. Saha, A. Tickle, J. Arvanitakis, S. M. Aziz, “Development and evaluation of a novel robotic system for search and rescue,” the 20th Towards Robotics and Autonomous Systems Conference (TAROS 2019), 2019.
- Q. Fu, C. Hu, P. Liu, S. Yue, “Synthetic neural vision system design for motion pattern recognition in dynamic robot scenes,” arXiv preprint arXiv:1904.07180, 2019.
- Platts, J. & Chew, E. (2019) The Taxonomy of Social Robotics in the EUREKA Robotics Lab, the 4th World Congress of Robotics Book publication, 31st Aug - 1st Sept,2019, Shenyang, China.
- Thomas, B (2019) Wales’ ‘first robotic waiter’ pays a visit to Cathays café. InterCardiff, Cardiff University.
- Yang, Z (2019) A Cardiff restaurant is employing robot waiters– should we be worried? InterCardiff, Cardiff University.
- T. Mallikarachchi, D.S. Talagala, A. Fernando, H. Kodikara Arachchi, "Content-Adaptive Feature-Based CU Size Prediction for Fast Low-Delay Video Encoding in HEVC", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 28(3), Mar. 2018, pp. 693 – 705.
- T. Mallikarachchi, D.S. Talagala, A. Fernando, H. Kodikara Arachchi, "Decoding-Complexity-Aware HEVC Encoding Using a Decoding-Complexity-Rate-Distortion Model", IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 64, no. 1, Feb. 2018, pp. 35 – 43
- Dr Liu Pengcheng is invited to give a keynote speech at the 3rd Micius Forum, hosted by The University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), April, 2019 Hefei, China, 2019. https://wales247.co.uk/the-cardiff-lecturer-leading-the-way-in-autonomous-robotic-systems/
- EUREKA Robotics Lab (2019) Written Evidence by EUREKA Robotics Lab, Cardiff School of Technologies,
UK Parliment Education Committee's Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Chew, E. (2018) In Love and War with Service Robots: the Passionate Deployment, Challenges and National Policy Implications, Springer's Communications in Computer and Information Science. Keynote of the 6th International Conference on Robot Intelligence technology and Applications: Robotics and Machine Intelligence: Building Blocks for Industry 4.0, Springer's Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering (LNME) 16-18 Dec 2018,
http://2018.icrita.org/index.php [ISI – Scopus indexed]
- Chew, E. (2017) What are the implications of artificial intelligence? In Love and War, Written Evidence,
UK Parliment Artificial Intelligence Select Committee's Publications.
- Hiew, F.C., Sheard, J., Parthiban, R. and Chew, E. (2018) How seamless are technology-rich learning environments? Voice of IT educators, 2nd-4th July, 23rd Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE 2018), Larnaca, Cyprus, ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE – Ranked A Conference in CORE).
- Chew, E., Lee PL. and Ho WH. (2018) "Enhancing Seamless Nurses-Physician Communication After-Hours with Google Glass," 2018 International Conference on Smart Computing and Electronic Enterprise (ICSCEE), Shah Alam, 2018, pp.1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICSCEE.2018.8538415. (Best Paper Awards).
Press and Media
- BBC (2020) Adam Walton explores our relationship with robots, we’ll hear from Dr Esyin Chew, Founder of Eureka Robotics Lab at Cardiff Met, Dr Ze Ji, from the School of Engineering at Cardiff University; and Professor Robert Richardson, Director of the Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation at the University of Leeds: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000l14c
- STEAM Robotics workshop at Gabalfal Primary School (2020) : https://twitter.com/eurekarobot/status/1219962557508870144?s=20
- STEAM Robotics workshop at Radyr High school (2020): https://twitter.com/eurekarobot/status/1207358642917392384?s=20
- British Council Thailand (2019) Innovation is born when art meets science. Nao @cardiffmet sparks inspiration and lots of joy. Pawr Dip is with the Ministry of HE Thailand, Science, Research & Innovation delegation and Nao from Cardiff Met.
- Visited Robopreneur Sdn Bhd (Ltd) @Futurise Centre, Cyberjaya. Proud to see Malaysian made robotics technologies: smart micro-controller, RobotRookie and 3D printed Robot Adam with natural English conversation.
- EUREKA Robotics Competition (2019) Award Ceremony; Certificate and Congratulations from the CEO, Optimusic Ltd; winners from Barry Island Primary School; Blaenycwm School at EUREKA Robotics.
- Robotics Workshops hosted by Nigel Jones (2019) In conjunction with the 2019 EUREKA Robotics Competition Award Ceremony:
mini golf course, ROV underwater robots, brilliant Maths problem solving challenge; coding to create pictures and
- First Campus (2019) Sanbot the robot is helping Dr Esyin Chew welcomeBarry Island Primary School and Plaenycwm Primary School to Cardiff Met University.
- First Campus at EisteddfodUrdd (2019)
Cardiff Met stand with JD;the robotics lab Interns were interviewed by Welsh TV.
- Barry Island Tweet (2019)
Fantastic time discovering the endless possibilities of robotics!
- Saturday Science Club (2019) A
Welsh speaking robot programmed by a Sat Science Club pupil.
- STEM Workshops at Barry Island (2019a) Incredible Huamnoid Robotics Workshops Inspiring Young Minds with a Huge Barry Island thank you.
- STEAM Workshops at Barry Island (2019b) Raising public Awareness on Robotics and AI Careers and Salaries.
- STEAM Workshops at Barry Island (2019c) Raising Teachers and Students Awareness on Job Risks due to Robotics and AI, wih Ethical and Social Implications ; with Full of Thoughtful Questions!
- STEAM Workshops at Barry Island (2019d) Fascinating Barry Island Primary School with Historical Facts of Humanoid Robot and the First Modern British Robot, Eric.
- STEM Workshops at Barry Island (2019e) Fun Engagemeng and Inspiring at Barry Island Primary School with NAO's Gangnam Style; Taiji Kungfu; playing virtual chess with a robot; instructing Humanoid Robot to floss and to selfie -- Creating awe and wonder among children!
- First Campus (2018) KS2 Humanoid Robotics Competition Awards Ceremony. https://www.firstcampus.org/project/humanoid-robotics-competition-awards-ceremony
- CardiffMet Tweet (2018a) Brynmawr School have been working with Cardiff School of Technologies to learn more about humanoid robots. https://twitter.com/cardiffmet/status/1012750125272387586
- Eureka Robotics Lab at Eisteddfod! (2018) Meeting the Welsh Robots, Cardiff Local TV.https://www.cardifflocal.tv/videos/meeting-the-welsh-robots-x6rq528/
- Cardiff Met News (2018) Cardiff Met humanoid robots greet guests at National Museum Cardiff's new Japan Exhibition https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/news/Pages/Cardiff-Met-humanoid-robots-greet-guests-at-National-Museum-Cardiff%E2%80%99s-new--Japan-Exhibition.aspx
- National Museum Cardiff (2018a)https://twitter.com/Museum_Cardiff/status/1007344325766864897
- National Museum Cardiff (2018b) https://twitter.com/Museum_Cardiff/status/1014441200823230469
- CardiffMet Tweet (2018b) Humanoid Robots at National Museum Cardiffhttps://twitter.com/cardiffmet/status/1007631362805944320
- Cardiff Met News (2018a) School Children Given Tech-Tastic Insight into Robotics with Cardiff Met team. http://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/news/Pages/School-Children-Given-Tech-Tastic-Insight-into-Robotics-with-Cardiff-Met-team.aspx
Students' Insitutional Blogs:
- Linh Thuy Dong: My Cardiff Met Experience from My MBA to Robotics Research
- Aveen Najm:My robotics Intenrship with Computer Science at Cardiff Met
- Zyad Reda: 3D Printing Face Shield for NHS workers with Computer Science at Cardiff Met
Joel Pinney: Studying Computer Science at Cardiff met helped me achieve what I deemed to be impossible
- Jiaji Yang: Studying Intelligent Robotics at Cardiff Met Made Me Feel the Power of Future Tech
- Sarah-May Mcvey:
Taking the Journal from Undergrad ro Postgrad with IT at Cardiff Met
- Paw Dip: Travelled o Bangkok to Showcase my Robot Dewey to the Thai Mnister of Education
My Study Trip to Malaysia with EURKEA Robotics Lab interns
- Ioana Eliza Georgescu, FromRobots to AI - My Experiences Studying Computer Science at Cardiff Met.
Selected Students' Robotics Projects on Youtube:
- Iva: A Playful Humanoid Robotic Play Specialist Assistant with Educational Flare for Little Patients (2021)
MetMind Chatbot: A chatbot towards covid anxiety support, developed by William Thomas (2021)
Richard Parks' and Robot Dewey's Adventures Across the Seven Continents – Face Recognition, Emotion Recognition and Object Recognition by Nao (2020). The real Richard Parks' Tweet at the South Pole with Robot NAO Dewey and
- Aaron Smith developed the Low cost, voice controlled robotic meal assistant.
Raising Coronavirus (COVID-19) Awareness: Sensei NAO is about to spread the word with Tactile sensors for human-robot interaction, Face recognition, Emotion recognition, Bi-pedal walking and Dancing (2020)
JD Maths Tutor (Nov 2019)
Eve - the Robot Receptionsist (Nov 2019)
Swahili Language Teacher(Nov 2019)
Charles Babbage Awakens - Robotic Maths Teacher (Nov 2019)
Robotic receptionist withbEZ Robot and Pandora Bot (Nov 2019)
Jin Robot: the Child Specialist (2018)
Robotic Play Specialist (2018)
Play Therapist Robot with Pandora Chatbot(2018)
Chip Concierge Robot(2018)
RTwoD2 Medical Assistant Humanoid Robot;(2018)
AVA Baby Sitter for infant(2017)
Dutch Language Tutor(2017)
Facilities and Partners
Two physical labs with access to more than 30 service-social robots & mobile robots, robotics simulation & accessories, specialist AI software, Modelling, visualisation & analytics IDE, Matlabs and Simulinks , advanced AR kit, mobile and wearable devices, more than 30 high specs computers and laptops, video conference facilities, CleverTouch and industrial grae and educational 3D printers for key members to build the parts of the robots.
OptiMusic Ltd, API Robotics Ltd, Robopreneur Sdn. Bhd., First Campus,
Beijing Normal University,
Norwegian University of Science and Technology and etc.
Universiti Pahang Malaysia,
University of South Wales, University of Malaya, Monash University, British Councils, Cardiff & Vale University Health Board, Carehome in Wales,
Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz Austri, Universidade de Lisboa, National Human Rights Commission Malaysia,
Team Quest, Sony Technologies Centre, Barclay's Eagle Lab, various Schools in Wales,
National Museum Cardiff, See Science Ltd. and etc.
Join us for PhD, Master or Internship Research
The EUREKA Robotics Lab recruits highly motivated, academically-strong PhD and Master Researchers who are able to develop world-class humanoid robotics projects and will contribute to the research knowledge that will have real industrial, public and social impact.
Studying for a research degree is a highly rewarding but challenging process. You will be supervised by professional but friendly academics supported by a research team and external collaborators or robotics vendors. Networking with like-minded interdisciplinary individuals, you will push the research boundaries of our understanding about service and social robotics landscape, and work to become a leading expert in your topic area with regular contact and supervision with your supervisors.
Most research projects would involve real stakeholders which you will gain project management, critical communication and presentation skills, as well as leadership, possible business and innovation skills; and the ability to seek solutions to complex, multifaceted problems.
The higher research degree can be self-funded or industrial/research project-funded. Please see the following current offering broad topics in the lab (not limited to):
Dr Wenshu Zhang (WZhang@cardiffmet.ac.uk): Robotics visions and robotics gaming.
- Dr Mike Lakoju (email@example.com) Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Cyber-Analytics
- Dr Jasim M Uddin (MUddin@cardiffmet.ac.uk): Electromagnetics, Metamaterials, Mircowave/THz Electronics, 2D Optoelectronics and Analogue Electronics.
- Dr Barry Bentley (BBentley@cardiffmet.ac.uk) : Biological and medical applications; neurorobotics and neural engineering; laboratory automation; bio-inspired design. Application areas of interest: neuroscience, ageing, and cryobiology.
Dr Sia Chow Siing (CSia@cardiffmet.ac.uk): Robotics for Finance Technologies (FinTech) and Maths Tutor, Bayesians.
- Dr Thanuja Mallikarachchi (TMallikarachchi@cardiffmet.ac.uk): Autonomous Mobile Robotics and Video Coding; Robotics Motions, Path Planning and Optimisation; Computational learning and optimization for autonomous systems, e.g., learn from demonstration, imitation learning.
- Dr Khalifa Ahmed (AKhalifa@cardiffmet.ac.uk): robotic systems including flying/ground robots, aerial/ground manipulators, and homogeneous/heterogeneous multi-robot systems; control strategies include robust, predictive, cooperative, and distributed.
- Dr Shadan Khan Khattak (SKhattak@cardiffmet.ac.uk): Robotics for outdoor rescue and Robtoics for argriculture
Dr Wai Keung Fung (firstname.lastname@example.org): Demonstration, Autonomous Mobile Robotics (Mapping, Navigation, Path Planning, Localisation, SLAM of wheeled robots, UAVs, AUVs), Shared Autonomy, Networked Robotics, Swarm Robotics, Computational Intelligence (Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems, Evolutionary Computing, Deep Learning), Intelligent Control, Digital Twins.
Dr Fionna Carroll (FCarroll@cardiffmet.ac.uk): Neuro-Science and Humanoid Robots, Aesthetics and Robotics and Affective Robotics; Robotics Ethics and Social-legal implications & proposition.
Dr Simon Thorne (SThorne@cardiffmet.ac.uk): MARS Exploration; Chatbot with Artificial Intelligence techniques, e.g. neural networks, CNN.
Dr Esyin Chew (email@example.com): Healthcare Robotics as a Service (HRaaS) Framework, Humanoid Robotics for Elderly Women Care; Bio-inspired robotic design and modelling; Cognitive Robotics with RBL/CBR, Classifications and Deep Learning; Educational Robotics.
Please email your initial research interest or idea to respective potential supervisors.
Training, Consultancy, Robotics Solutions and Service
UK Artificial Intelligence Select Committee published the founder of Eureka Robotics Lab, Dr Esyin Chew’s written evidence
1 that discuss the impact of AI and robotics in society: the intelligent technologies, from computers to robots that mimic human’s intelligence and five senses, for learning, analytical reasoning, business decision making, real-life problem solving and companionship. However, is AI in the UK ready, willing and able
Back to the Future and Star Wars are our key team members’ favourite movies, and the future is here due to the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Eureka Robotics Lab bring the future to Wales by empowering businesses and public sector with the capability and capacity of the world leading robot technologies from France->Japan, China and Canada for the following initiatives:
A. Funding and Investment Opportunities for robot sourcing, development and customisation
We are specialists in service and social robots and develop customised humanoid robotics solution based on customers’ requirements. With the aim of developing smart specialisation and smart citizens for Wales, we hope to support strategic industrial technical challenges with robotics and AI on commercialisation and exploitation of new products, processes or services and growth for businesses and public sectors. Further details of possible funding available can be found below:
We welcome all in-kind matched (e.g. staff time and consumables) investment opportunities from small companies, SMEs or corporates.
B. Training, Consultancy and Workshop Delivery
With minimum charges, we provide customised training, workshops and consultancy for businesses or public sectors to explore more about robotics solutions and services, as well as data and social media harvesting and analytics.
C. Humanoid Robot Rental, Purchase & Event Service
Finding a new interesting way to spark your exhibition or event? How about a humanoid robot to dance, talk, interact or serve your customers or visitors?
It is our pleasure to make your event or exhibition a world-class sales and marketing gimmicks with unique and stunning customers’ or visitors’ experience. Please contact Jack Yang (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Simon Throne (email@example.com) for further details.
Keith Dunn OBE (Honorary Consul for Japan in Wales); the previous First Minister Carwyn Jones AM, Dr Simon Thorne (Senior Lecturer at Cardiff School of Technologies) and Robot Dewey from Cardiff School of Technologies.