As one of the flagship research clusters at the Cardiff School of Technologies, EUREKA Robotics Lab is the innovative research hub nested in the School of Technologies, Cardiff Metropolitan University, serving Wales and global stakeholders.
Partnering with international collaborators from companies and universities, the current research strands in the Lab are: Social and Service Robotics for (1) Healthcare; and (2) Hospitality and tourism; and (3) STEAM Lab for schools in Wales; EUREKA stands for Ethical-Ubiquitous Robotics driving Economy and Knowledge Accelerator with the meaning of “exclamation of satisfaction on discovering something, solving a problem, finding a solution with fun and engaging experience”.
Grounding on the artificial intelligence techniques and data visualisation & analytics capacities, the lab aims to educate and research the service and social humanoid robotics, from the world-class research inquiry and education innovation.
Founder of the Lab and PI: Dr Esyin Chew, Reader in Robotics & Educational Technologies
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @esyinchew
EUREKA Robotics Lab's 7 Efforts in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic:
Key Members and Co-investigators:
Dr Esyin Chew, Reader in Robotics & Educational Technologies, Cardiff School of Technologies
Professor Jon Platts, Dean, Cardiff School of Technologies
- Catherine Tryfona, Head of Department of Applied Computing and Engineering, Cardiff School of Technologies
Dr Pengcheng Liu, Academic Associate, Cardiff School of Technologies
Nigel Jones, Senior Lecturer, Cardiff School of Technologies
Dr Simon Thorne, Senior Lecturer, Cardiff School of Technologies
Dr Fiona Carroll, Senior Lecturer, Cardiff School of Technologies
- Dr Thanuja Mallikarachchi, Lecturer, Cardiff School of Technologies
Dr Wenshu Zhang, Lecturer, Cardiff School of Technologies
- Lisa Fenn, Lecturer, Cardiff School of Education
Dr Sia Chow Siing, Senior Lecturer in Banking and Finance, Cardif School of
- Dr Emmet McLoughlin, Lecturer in Tourism and Event Management, Cardiff School of Management
- Dr Katarzyna Minor, Lecturer in Hospitality Management, Cardiff School of Management
- Natalie Lambert, the First Campus Coordinator
Current Internship and Researchers
David Shuyang Hu
- Joel Pinney: Studying Computer Science at Cardiff met helped me achieve what I deemed to be impossible
Jack Jiaji Yang: Studying Intelligent Robotics at Cardiff Met Made Me Feel the Power of Future Tech
- Yinglun Huang
Senal Rashanta Dharmasiri Jayatilaka Mudiyanselage
- Linh Thuy Dong
Eliza Ioana Georgescu
Vincent Moses Muzuva
- Victor Deji Emmanuel
Holly Jiya Zhao
Aaron Joseph Smith
Zyad Reda Shihabeldeen Mohammad: HexaPod: DIY Robotic Kit for education
- Michelle Mei-Hsuan Lee (MSc Computer Science graduate, Cardiff University, 2020)
- Corrine Ngandu, Graduated (MSc Information Technology Management) 2018/2019
- Cairen Carol, Graduated (MSc Information Technology Management) 2018/2019
- Alberto Campuzano (BSc in Computer Science) 2018/2019
- Fiona Li, Graduated as the Best Student of the academic year 2017/2018 (MSc in Data Science)
- George Henry Chester Burns, Graduated as one of the best Dissertation titled: Service Robots in the Automobile Salesperson Profession (BSc in Computing) - 2018
- Ervin Visitacion (BSc in Computer Science): Autonomous traffic light and vehicle - 2018
- Stuart Hartley, BSc in Computer Science, Cardiff School of Technologies - 2017
- Bingyan Zhang, Graduated (BSc in Education, Cardiff School of Education) - 2018
- Eleanor Walsh (Pre-U internship) - 2019
RobotiCare Lab: Robotics for Healthcare
Robot Nightingale - the First Robotic Nurse: David Hu Shuyang and Dr Esyin Chew
Robotics for Rehabilitation: Junbo Qi, Aaron Smith and Dr Esyin Chew
Coronavirus: Epidemic Preparedness and Control with Care4URobot
4. Robotic Healthcare Play Specialist Modeling: Jungliang Liu and Dr Esyin Chew
RobotiServe Lab and EUREKA STEM-STEAM Lab
Service Robotics for Hospitality & Exhibition
1. Bi-lingual (English and Welsh) Robot Concierge at Kizuna and Tanabata Exhibition:
2. Bi-lingual (English and Thai) Robot for British Council Thailand Science Fair (Aug 2019)
Team: Dr Esyin Chew, Pawr Dip and British Council Thailand
Robot Richard Parks meet Thai Ministers of Science and Technology, and British Council Thailand Country Manager. Further information:
3. Multi-lingual Humanoid Robotics for Hospitality with Service Intelligence Team: Jiaji Yang and Dr Esyin Chew
Read more about our research project here:
Wales’ ‘first robotic waiter’ pays a visit to Cathays café.
A Cardiff restaurant is employing robot waiters– should we be worried?
Robot EUREKA GEN-1 Pilot test
The STEAM Lab: Intelligent Robot Maker Lab for STEM with Aesthetic
We advise schools and colleges to setup AI Maker lab through robotics and innovative design to prepare the next generation for Industrialisation 4.0 with robotics for education. We delivered more than 40 STEAM Lab workshops for schools in Wales, England, Spain and Thailand between 2018-2020.
We run the introductory 500-years history of robotics and advanced technologies workshop, and the hands-on robotic programming workshops for primary and secondary schools throughout the academic year with a yearly robotics competition. All STEAM Lab programmes aims to promote the interdisiplinary and creative education, putting an "A" (Aesthetic or Arts) within the STEM. In addition, we can host See Science-funded Teachers CPD to visit EUREKA Robotics lab for teacher training.
We deliver hands-on robotics workshops and competitions for schools across Wales to enhance the STEAM education through robotics and AI amongst young people, particularly girls:
1. Robot Dewey, the Chinese Language Tutor
2. Robotic Maths and Language Teaching Assistant
3. STEAM Education with Robot Dewey and JD Robots for Blanycwm (2017/2018):
- Funded by the First Campus, OptiMusics Ltd, Brynmawr & Nantyglo Town Councils and Cardiff School of Technologies
- Team: Lisa Fenn, Cardiff School of Education; Dr Esyin Chew, Nigel Jones, Stuart Hartley, Cardiff School of Technologies; Susan Davies, Headmistress of Blanycwm School.
School Children Given Tech-Tastic Insight into Robotics with Cardiff Met team
Video from the Judge of 2018 Eureka Robotics Lab - Blanycwm School Competition
Industrial sponsored robotics competition to learn about Museum artefacts and the Award Ceremony
4. STEM-STEAM Robotics Workshops across Schools:
- Funded by the First Campus and respective schools.
- National Saturday Club Science 2019: Supporting an endurance athlete through an expedition
- Ysgol Gyfun Cwm Rhymni (Feb 2019)
- Barry Island Primary School (March 2019)
5. Girls Can Code by Dr Fiona Carroll, Aveen and parastoo (2020).
6. Team Quest: Richard Sparks Expedition with a Humanoid Robot at the South Pole
Cardiff Met Partners With Extreme Athlete Richard Parks (http://www.richardparks.co.uk) Ahead of Antarctica Expedition: http://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/news/Pages/Cardiff-Met-Partners-with-Extreme-Athlete-Richard-Parks-Ahead-of-Antarctica-Expedition.aspx
Meet Richard's expedition partner - NAO from our CST
Cardiff Metropolitan University Partners with Team Quest
Richard Parks | NAO and School of Technologies video
7. Cardiff School of Technologies Marketing Robots for Corporate Branding:
Team: Professor Dr Jon Platts, Dr Jason Williams, Dr Esyin Chew, Programme Directors, Corrine Ngandu, Pawr Dips and all interns at Cardiff School of Technologies
Press and Photos:
(1) Eureka Robotics Lab at Eisteddfod! (2018) Cardiff Local TV:
(2) Open Days at Cardiff Metropolitan University
(3) Global Week (March 2019)
Publications, Public Engagement, Press and Media
Zhang, W., Thomas H. G. Ezard, Alex Searle-Barnes, Anieke Brombacher Orestis L.Katsamenis and Mark Nixon. "Towards Understanding Speciation By Automated Extraction And Description Of 3D Foraminifera Stacks." In 2020 IEEE Southwest Symposium on Image Analysis and Interpretation (SSIAI), pp. in press. IEEE, 2020.
Yang J.J. & Chew, E. (2020) Intelligent Service Robots to enter the Hospitality Industry: Job Termination or Gospel to Waiters, 3rd UK RAS Conference 2020: 'Robots into the Real World', University of Lincoln, 17th April 2020.
Chew, E. and Chua, X.N. (2020), Robotic Chinese language tutor: personalising progress assessment and feedback or taking over your job? On the Horizon, ISSN: 1074-8121. (Scopus, ECSI Australian Education-Indexed).
Saini, J. & Chew, E. (in press) A Systematic Review for 3D-Printing in Modern Social Robotics, iM3F 2020: Innovative Manufacturing, Mechatronics & Materials Forum 2020. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (Springer, Scopus-indexed)
Hawkins, G.O. and Chew, E. (in press) TOM: The Robotic Drum Teaching Assistant Innovating Music Teaching, IM3f 2020. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (Springer, Scopus-indexed).
Hu, S.Y. & Chew, E. (accepted) Design and Experimental Research Based on NAO Robot in Museum, International Conference on Technological Ecosystems for Enhancing Multiculturality (TEEM 2020).
- Chew, E. & Turner, D. (2019) Can a Robot bring your life back? Robotics for Rehab. Springer Nature Book Chapter 1: Robotics in Healthcare: Field Examples and Challenges, Sequeira, J. (Ed) Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 1170. Springer Nature, pp.1-35. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24230-5_1
J. Zhang, Z. Jin, Y. Zhao, Y. Tang, F. Liu and P. Liu, " Design and Implementation of Novel Fractional-Order Controllers for Stabilized Platforms," IEEE Access (Impact Factor: 4.098), 2020.
- M. N. Huda, P. Liu, C. Saha and H. Yu, “Modelling and motion analysis of a pill-sized hybrid capsule robot,” Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems (Impact Factor: 2.02), 2020.
- Q. Li, A. Zhang, P. Liu, J. Li and C. Li, "A Novel CSI Feedback Approach for Massive MIMO using LSTM-Attention CNN," IEEE Access (Impact Factor: 4.098), 2020.
- Esyin Chew (2019) Artificial Intelligence: Robotics, the curriculum and inclusion, Invited Festival of Higher Education Speaker, the University of Buckingham. http://www.hefestival.com/speakers-2019
- Cao, XY, Guo SH, Lin, JC, Zhang, W.S and Lia, MHo. "Online Tracking of Ants Based on Deep Association Metrics: Method, Dataset and Evaluation." Pattern Recognition (2020): 107233.
Lewis, R., Anderson, T. and Carroll, F. (2020). Can School Enrolment and Performance be Improved by Maximizing Students’ Sense of Choice in Elective Subjects? Journal of Learning Analytics, vol. 7(1), pp. 75–87, doi: 10.18608/jla.2020.71.6
Edmond, E. C., Prakash, E., and Carroll, F. (2020).RoboDoc: Critical Ethical Issues to Consider for the Design and Development of a Robotic Doctor Experience. Journal of Future Robot Life, 1 Jan. 2020: 1 – 5. DOI: 10.3233/FRL-200002
Liu, P., Huda, M.N., Tang, Z. and Sun, L. (2019). A self-propelled robotic system with a visco-elastic joint: dynamics and motion analysis. Springer Engineering with Computers, pp.1-15.
Ding, S. L. and Chew, E. (2019) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet: A study via metaphoric perceptions on how online feedback benefited Chinese learners, Journal of Educational Technology Research and Development, 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11423-019-09651-w [SSCI,Scopus-indexed; Impact factor: 2.672]
P. Liu, H. Yu and S. Cang, “Adaptive neural network tracking control for underactuated mechanical systems with matched and unmatched disturbances,” Nonlinear Dynamics (Impact Factor: 4.604), 2019, vol. 98, no. 2, pp. 1447-1464.
- P. Liu, M. N. Huda, Z. Tang and L. Sun, “A self-propelled robotic system with a viscoelastic joint: dynamics and motion analysis,” Engineering with Computers (Impact Factor: 3.551), 2019, pp. 1-15. DOI: 10.1007/s00366-019-00722-3.
- Carroll, F. (2019). Technology for humans: Prioritising human well-being in our science . In SCIENTISTS ARE HUMANS Magazine.
- A. Zhang and P. Liu, “Reweighted lp Constraint LMS-Based Adaptive Sparse Channel Estimation for Cooperative Communication System,” IET Communications (Impact Factor: 1.779), 2019.
- Z. Tang, H. Yu, C. Lu and P. Liu, “Single-trial classification of different movements on one hand based on ERD/ERS and corticomuscular coherence,” IEEE Access (Impact Factor: 4.098), 2019.
- A. Shyam, P. Lightbody, G. Das, P. Liu, S. Gomez-Gonzalez and G. Neumann, “Improving local trajectory optimisation using probabilistic movement primitives,” the 2019 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2019), 2019.
- M. N. Huda, P. Liu, C. Saha, N. Naz, S. M. Aziz, “Design of a Novel Hybrid Robot for In- Vivo Applications,” the Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics 2019, 2019
- A. Cachia, M. N. Huda, P. Liu, C. Saha, A. Tickle, J. Arvanitakis, S. M. Aziz, “Development and evaluation of a novel robotic system for search and rescue,” the 20th Towards Robotics and Autonomous Systems Conference (TAROS 2019), 2019.
- Q. Fu, C. Hu, P. Liu, S. Yue, “Synthetic neural vision system design for motion pattern recognition in dynamic robot scenes,” arXiv preprint arXiv:1904.07180, 2019.
- Platts, J. & Chew, E. (2019) The Taxonomy of Social Robotics in the EUREKA Robotics Lab, the 4th World Congress of Robotics Book publication, 31st Aug - 1st Sept,2019, Shenyang, China.
- Thomas, B (2019) Wales’ ‘first robotic waiter’ pays a visit to Cathays café. InterCardiff, Cardiff University.
- Yang, Z (2019) A Cardiff restaurant is employing robot waiters– should we be worried? InterCardiff, Cardiff University.
T. Mallikarachchi, D.S. Talagala, A. Fernando, H. Kodikara Arachchi, "Content-Adaptive Feature-Based CU Size Prediction for Fast Low-Delay Video Encoding in HEVC", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 28(3), Mar. 2018, pp. 693 – 705.
T. Mallikarachchi, D.S. Talagala, A. Fernando, H. Kodikara Arachchi, "Decoding-Complexity-Aware HEVC Encoding Using a Decoding-Complexity-Rate-Distortion Model", IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 64, no. 1, Feb. 2018, pp. 35 – 43
Dr Liu Pengcheng is invited to give a keynote speech at the 3rd Micius Forum (墨子论坛) hosted by The University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), April, 2019 Hefei, China, 2019. https://wales247.co.uk/the-cardiff-lecturer-leading-the-way-in-autonomous-robotic-systems/
- EUREKA Robotics Lab (2019 )
Written Evidence by EUREKA Robotics Lab, Cardiff School of Technologies,
UK Parliment Education Committee's Fourth Industrial Revolution
Chew, E. (2018) In Love and War with Service Robots: the Passionate Deployment, Challenges and National Policy Implications, Springer's Communications in Computer and Information Science. Keynote of the 6th International Conference on Robot Intelligence technology and Applications: Robotics and Machine Intelligence: Building Blocks for Industry 4.0, Springer's Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering (LNME) 16-18 Dec 2018,
http://2018.icrita.org/index.php [ISI – Scopus indexed]
- Chew, E. (2017) What are the implications of artificial intelligence? In Love and War, Written Evidence, UK Parliment Artificial Intelligence Select Committee's Publications.
Hiew, F.C., Sheard, J., Parthiban, R. and Chew, E. (2018) How seamless are technology-rich learning environments? Voice of IT educators, 2nd-4th July, 23rd Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE 2018), Larnaca, Cyprus, ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE – Ranked A Conference in CORE).
Chew, E., Lee PL. and Ho WH. (2018) "Enhancing Seamless Nurses-Physician Communication After-Hours with Google Glass," 2018 International Conference on Smart Computing and Electronic Enterprise (ICSCEE), Shah Alam, 2018, pp.1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICSCEE.2018.8538415. (Best Paper Awards).
STEAM Robotics workshop at Gabalfal Primary School (2020) : https://twitter.com/eurekarobot/status/1219962557508870144?s=20
- STEAM Robotics workshop at Radyr High school (2020): https://twitter.com/eurekarobot/status/1207358642917392384?s=20
- British Council Thailand (2019) Innovation is born when art meets science. Nao @cardiffmet sparks inspiration and lots of joy. Pawr Dip is with the Ministry of HE Thailand, Science, Research & Innovation delegation and Nao from Cardiff Met. https://studentblogs.cardiffmet.ac.uk/i-travelled-to-bangkok-to-showcase-my-robots-to-the-thai-minister-of-education-thanks-to-computer-science-at-cardiff-met
- Dr Esyin Chew (2019) visited Robopreneur Sdn Bhd (Ltd) @Futurise Centre, Cyberjaya. Proud to see Malaysian made robotics technologies: smart micro-controller, RobotRookie and 3D printed Robot Adam with natural English conversation.
EUREKA Robotics Competition (2019) Award Ceremony; Certificate and Congratulations from the CEO, Optimusic Ltd; winners from Barry Island Primary School; Blaenycwm School at EUREKA Robotics.
Robotics Workshops hosted by Nigel Jones (2019) In conjunction with the 2019 EUREKA Robotics Competition Award Ceremony:
mini golf course, ROV underwater robots, brilliant Maths problem solving challenge; coding to create pictures and
First Campus (2019) Sanbot the robot is helping Dr Esyin Chew welcome Barry Island Primary School and Plaenycwm Primary School to Cardiff Met University.
First Campus at EisteddfodUrdd (2019)
Cardiff Met stand with JD; the robotics lab Interns were interviewed by Welsh TV.
Barry Island Tweet (2019)
Fantastic time discovering the endless possibilities of robotics!
Saturday Science Club (2019) A
Welsh speaking robot programmed by a Sat Science Club pupil.
STEM Workshops at Barry Island (2019a) Incredible Huamnoid Robotics Workshops Inspiring Young Minds with a Huge Barry Island thank you.
STEAM Workshops at Barry Island (2019b) Raising public Awareness on Robotics and AI Careers and Salaries.
STEAM Workshops at Barry Island (2019c) Raising Teachers and Students Awareness on Job Risks due to Robotics and AI, wih Ethical and Social Implications ; with Full of Thoughtful Questions!
STEAM Workshops at Barry Island (2019d) Fascinating Barry Island Primary School with Historical Facts of Humanoid Robot and the First Modern British Robot, Eric.
STEM Workshops at Barry Island (2019e) Fun Engagemeng and Inspiring at Barry Island Primary School with NAO's Gangnam Style; Taiji Kungfu; playing virtual chess with a robot; instructing Humanoid Robot to floss and to selfie -- Creating awe and wonder among children!
First Campus (2018) KS2 Humanoid Robotics Competition Awards Ceremony. https://www.firstcampus.org/project/humanoid-robotics-competition-awards-ceremony
CardiffMet Tweet (2018a) Brynmawr School have been working with Cardiff School of Technologies to learn more about humanoid robots. https://twitter.com/cardiffmet/status/1012750125272387586
Eureka Robotics Lab at Eisteddfod! (2018) Meeting the Welsh Robots, Cardiff Local TV.https://www.cardifflocal.tv/videos/meeting-the-welsh-robots-x6rq528/
Cardiff Met News (2018) Cardiff Met humanoid robots greet guests at National Museum Cardiff's new Japan Exhibition https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/news/Pages/Cardiff-Met-humanoid-robots-greet-guests-at-National-Museum-Cardiff%E2%80%99s-new--Japan-Exhibition.aspx
National Museum Cardiff (2018a)https://twitter.com/Museum_Cardiff/status/1007344325766864897
National Museum Cardiff (2018b) https://twitter.com/Museum_Cardiff/status/1014441200823230469
CardiffMet Tweet (2018b) Humanoid Robots at National Museum Cardiffhttps://twitter.com/cardiffmet/status/1007631362805944320
Cardiff Met News (2018a) School Children Given Tech-Tastic Insight into Robotics with Cardiff Met team. http://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/news/Pages/School-Children-Given-Tech-Tastic-Insight-into-Robotics-with-Cardiff-Met-team.aspx
Selected Students' Robotics Projects on Youtube:
- Richard Parks' and Robot Dewey's Adventures Across the Seven Continents – Face Recognition, Emotion Recognition and Object Recognition by Nao (2020). The real Richard Parks' Tweet at the South Pole with Robot NAO Dewey and the event.
- Aaron Smith developed the Low cost, voice controlled robotic meal assistant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkxfNG-vTLk
- JD Maths Tutor (Nov 2019)
- Eve - the Robot Receptionsist (Nov 2019)
- Swahili Language Teacher (Nov 2019)
- Charles Babbage Awakens - Robotic Maths Teacher (Nov 2019)
- Robotic receptionist with EZ Robot and Pandora Bot (Nov 2019)
- Jin Robot: the Child Specialist (2018)
- Robotic Play Specialist (2018)
- Play Therapist Robot with Pandora Chatbot (2018)
- Chip Concierge Robot (2018)
- RTwoD2 Medical Assistant Humanoid Robot (2018)
- AVA Baby Sitter for infant (2017)
- Dutch Language Tutor (2017)
Facilities and Partners
Facilities: two physical labs with access to more than 30 robots, robotics simulation & accessories, specialist AI software, Modelling, visualisation & analytics IDE, Matlabs and Simulinks , advanced AR kit, mobile and wearable devices, ore than 30 high specs computers and laptops, video conference facilities, ClverTouch Smart TV and 3D printers for key members to build the parts of the robots.
Canbot Beijing Technology Ltd., OptiMusic Ltd, API Robotics Ltd, Robopreneur Ltd., First Campus, Beijing Normal University,
Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
KAIST, Universiti Pahang Malaysia, University of South Wales, British Councils, Cardiff & Vale University Health Board, Carehome in Wales, Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz Austria, Universidade de Lisboa, Sustainable Environment Research Centre, University of South Wales,
National Human Rights Commission Malaysia, Team Quest, Sony Technologies Centre, various Schools in Wales,
National Museum Cardiff, See Science Ltd. and etc.
Join us for PhD and Master in research
The EUREKA Robotics Lab recruits highly motivated, academically-strong PhD and Master Researchers who are able to develop world-class humanoid robotics projects and will contribute to the research knowledge that will have real industrial, public and social impact.
Studying for a research degree is a highly rewarding but challenging process. You will be supervised by professional but friendly academics supported by a research team and external collaborators or robotics vendors. Networking with like-minded interdisciplinary individuals, you will push the research boundaries of our understanding about service and social robotics landscape, and work to become a leading expert in your topic area with regular contact and supervision with your supervisors.
Most research projects would involve real stakeholders which you will gain project management, critical communication and presentation skills, as well as leadership, possible business and innovation skills; and the ability to seek solutions to complex, multifaceted problems.
The higher research degree can be self-funded or industrial/research project-funded. Please see the following themes in the lab (not limited to):
Please email your initial research interest or idea to Dr Esyin Chew (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Fiona Carroll (FCarroll@cardiffmet.ac.uk)
Training, Consultancy, Robotics Solutions and Service
UK Artificial Intelligence Select Committee published the founder of Eureka Robotics Lab, Dr Esyin Chew’s written evidence
1 that discuss the impact of AI and robotics in society: the intelligent technologies, from computers to robots that mimic human’s intelligence and five senses, for learning, analytical reasoning, business decision making, real-life problem solving and companionship. However, is AI in the UK ready, willing and able
Back to the Future and Star Wars are our key team members’ favourite movies, and the future is here due to the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Eureka Robotics Lab bring the future to Wales by empowering businesses and public sector with the capability and capacity of the world leading robot technologies from France-Japan, China and Canada for the following initiatives:
A. Funding and Investment Opportunities for robot sourcing, development and customisation
We are specialists in service and social robots and develop customised humanoid robotics solution based on customers’ requirements. With the aim of developing smart specialisation and smart citizens for Wales, we hope to support strategic industrial technical challenges with robotics and AI on commercialisation and exploitation of new products, processes or services and growth for businesses and public sectors. Further details of possible funding available can be found below:
We welcome all in-kind matched (e.g. staff time and consumables) investment opportunities from small companies, SMEs or corporates.
B. Training, Consultancy and Workshop Delivery
With minimum charges, we provide customised training, workshops and consultancy for businesses or public sectors to explore more about robotics solutions and services, as well as data and social media harvesting and analytics.
C. Humanoid Robot Rental, Purchase & Event Service
Finding a new interesting way to spark your exhibition or event? How about a humanoid robot to dance, talk, interact or serve your customers or visitors?
It is our pleasure to make your event or exhibition a world-class sales and marketing gimmicks with unique and stunning customers’ or visitors’ experience. Please contact Jack Yang (email@example.com) or Dr Simon Throne (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.
Keith Dunn OBE (Honorary Consul for Japan in Wales); First Minister Carwyn Jones AM, Dr Simon Thorne (Senior Lecturer at Cardiff School of Technologies) and Robot Dewey from Cardiff School of Technologies.